The National Wrestling Hall of Fame - Missouri State Chapter
The Missouri Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame has announced the 2012 slate of inductees!!
Our inductees include four incredibly successful former high school coaches, and a longtime high school and college official. Our inductees will be celebrated at a banquet in their honor on Sunday, October 21st, at the Holiday Inn Select in Columbia, Missouri. A social hour will start at 2:00pm and the banquet will begin at 3:00pm. All proceeds from the Hall of Fame banquet go directly to the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in Stillwater, Oklahoma, in the name of our inductees. You can view all of our past Missouri inductees at the website at http://www.wrestlinghalloffame.org/StateChapters.php?state=Missouri.
If you are the coach of a club, high school or college, please do everything possible to make sure that your team is represented at the banquet! WE NEED ALL THE SUPPORT OF OUR COACHES IN THE STATE OF MISSOURI!
For their tremendous contributions to the sport of wrestling, we are proud to announce the following inductees into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame:
· Dan Boudria- Former outstanding wrestler and coach, who wrestled at the University of Missouri and coached the 1985 Hazelwood West team to a state championship. He has also been named Missouri Wrestling Coach of the Year.
· Steve Johnson – Legendary coach at Jefferson City High School from 1976-2004. Steve was a former standout football player who later found great success as a football and wrestling coach. Steve also taught for 35 years and coached the youth wrestling club in Jefferson City.
· Bob Glasgow – Legendary coach at Oak Grove High School, who coached a record setting number of state championships in Missouri. Bob also served in many other coaching and administrative capacities in the state of Missouri during his tenure.
· Nick Rallo – Life-long contributor as an official in the state of Missouri. Nick has not only served as a long time state official but has also played a huge role in developing the St. Louis Officials Association.
· Morris Blitz – Deceased – Former wrestling coach in the St. Louis area who is considered by many to be the father of amateur wrestling on the east side of the state of Missouri.
We will also be recognizing our Chapter’s additional honorees, The Wrestling Person of the Year and The Family Circle Honor. These awards were new to our chapter last year, and are a way to honor individuals and families for contributions to our sport, that although does not gain them entry to the National Hall, does give us an opportunity to honor them.
The 2012 Missouri Chapter’s Wrestling Person of the Year is Brian Smith. Coach Smith and the Missouri Tigers won the Big 12 Conference Championship for the first time in the history of the program this past year. The 2012 Missouri Chapter’s Family Circle is the Paulson Family. The Paulsons are recognized as one of the premier families in Missouri wrestling, who has generations of wrestlers and athletes in the family, and who continue to support the several wrestling programs throughout the state including communities in Columbia and St. Louis areas.
Reservations must be made in advance. Individual banquet tickets can be purchased for $50, or tables are available for $400 and will seat up to 8 individuals. A cash bar will be available throughout the duration of the event. There are also numerous sponsorship opportunities available if you are interested in sponsoring either an honoree or the banquet itself. You may reserve your seat or get more sponsorship information by contacting Dorothy Mayabb at 816-590-1083. You can also contact Dorothy by email at email@example.com.
Please make your tax deductible contribution in honor of these great men, payable to the “Missouri Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame” and may be mailed to:
Missouri Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame
c/o Dorothy Mayabb
1312 NE 113th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64155
Tickets may also be purchased online at http://missouriwrestlinghalloffame.ticketleap.com/
Thank you in advance for your support and we look forward to spending an incredible afternoon with you as we honor the people who have helped advance our sport in Missouri!